The world of mobile app development is much more complex than ever, and therefore approaches that leverage your existing manpower is critical. As a result, Rapid Mobile Application Development (RMAD) is now more valuable than ever, with Gartner predicting that RMAD could account for more than 50% of all mobile development in the coming years.
The best enterprise mobile apps don’t simply take desktop apps and allow them to run on a mobile device (a web app). Instead, they offer great user experiences and high performance on mobile devices which:
- Have a wide range of smaller screen sizes
- Employ a variety of different operating systems
- May, or may not have an internet connection (including dealing with conflict resolution when synching)
- Do not have physical keyboards, but employ a virtual keyboard that must share real estate with the screen)
- Have less processing horsepower than desktop PCs
- Have new capabilities including photos, ink, sound, video, and geo-location
- Have scanners, detectors, and their own file system
- Require users to have 1 hand-tied up holding the device and only one hand or finger available to input information (requires a fundamental rethinking of data entry controls)
While coding these types of features are vitally important to a successful, widely adopted mobile app, they can take significant time. This is where RMAD development tools become more important than ever in today’s world of mobile apps. RMAD does a lot of the heavy coding work for you.
A Note of Caution: With the myriad of existing Rapid Mobile Application Development (RMAD) tools and platforms arriving on the market, it’s important to select an RMAD platform that not only promises more productivity but won’t run out of steam. Developers will be able to code for security, data integration, rich user experiences or rich data capture. Development platforms that get you 95% towards your destination are a problem.
You need total confidence that the RMAD tool you select gives you the freedom to add code (client- or server-side) whenever necessary. In that case, when critical capabilities are needed, your platform won’t run out of steam. You want assurance it can meet the requirements of any business app your organization needs.
Alpha Anywhere will always allow developers to fully complete enterprise apps. No matter how complex the application – your team will never hit the wall.
Video: Alpha Anywhere Rapid Mobile App Development Overview
Video: Technical Deep Dive of Alpha Anywhere Rapid Mobile App Development Features