Increasingly, it’s a cloud-based world, and if you don’t embrace it, your company will be left behind. So concludes the Gartner paper, “Predicts 2019: Increasing Reliance on Cloud Computing Transforms IT and Business Practices.” The paper starts off this way: “Most technology innovation today is cloud-native or cloud-inspired. ‘Cloud computing’ is morphing into just ‘computing,’ and so application leaders must seek cloud-style quality of service across their hybrid information and technology environments.”
It points out, though, that cloud technology and the way it is used has changed dramatically from when it was first introduced — and businesses need to embrace that new reality. The paper points out: “‘Cloud computing’ is shifting from an isolated delivery option to an all-encompassing computing strategy, including public and private cloud, on-premises enterprise systems, Internet of Things (IoT) edge and a variety of user experience outlets. Organizations are moving beyond, now common, ‘cloud-first’ strategies. Even typically slower-changing government agencies are accelerating their cloud-only initiatives.”
If you doubt that, consider two of the predictions the paper makes:
- By 2021, over 75% of midsize and large organizations will have adopted a multicloud and/or hybrid IT strategy.
- By 2022, public cloud services will be essential for 90% of business innovation.
But it’s one thing to know that the cloud is vital for businesses and digital transformation, and it’s another thing to use the cloud effectively. Another Gartner paper, “Three Moves for CIOs to Lower Business Costs With Cloud,” warns, “Gartner estimates that organizations that have done little or no cloud cost optimization are overspending by 70% or more.”
How to Choose the Best Cloud for Your Business
Key to getting the most out of the cloud, and making sure you don’t overspend, is choosing the right one. If you’re looking to deploy web-based or mobile applications, an ideal one is Alpha Cloud. It takes care of installing and maintaining server software needed to run your Alpha Anywhere applications, allowing you to focus on building your business applications. These are among its benefits:
- Self Deploying – No server or process management required
- Self Healing – Stored configurations drive automatic recovery
- Self Scaling – As usage goes up or down, capacity adjusts to match
- Declarative – Just choose what you want (web sites, deployment schedules)
- Tightly Integrated with Alpha Anywhere – Publish directly from Alpha Anywhere
- Alpha Anywhere Application Server for IIS – Same software as we sell for on-premises
- Metered/Utility Computing - Pay based on usage
It’s elastic, so scales as needed, and automated so no manual work is required to use it. It’s highly reliable, with redundancy and failover; its shared resources make it possible to spread out the workload among multiple data centers and servers. It’s self-service as well, so you can get it immediately.
Take Advantage of End of Year Special Incentives and move to Alpha Cloud today.