We have exciting news!
A new release of Alpha Anywhere low-code software is out.
This new release brings a large number of significant new features to AlphaAnywhere - the popular web and offline-capable mobile app development and deployment platform already used by thousands of companies, organizations and developers globally.
Here are some of the new features to look forward to in this release.
NEW Low Code/No Code Features
Our mission at Alpha is to simplify application development by taking programming challenges that are common or complicated and making them easy. In this latest release, we've done that with three new features developers have been asking for.
Web Security Quick Setup Genie - Let Alpha Anywhere build out your login pages for you with self-service password reset for your users and two-factor authentication for an added layer of security. This new genie greatly simplifies setting-up the Alpha security system in your web and mobile apps, letting you spend more time developing the fun parts of your application.
SharePoint 365 Integration -SharePoint 365 is a cloud-based storage service that many organizations use to track and share documents. This new release introduces SharePoint 365 as a new storage option alongside Amazon S3, Azure, and others, giving you access to important corporate documents directly in your apps.
Code-free file drag and drop to S3 -Amazon Simple Storage Solution (S3) is a fast, cost-effective way to store files for uploading, downloading and processing. With new upload options, it's much simpler to offer your users a drag-and-drop method to save files without writing a line of code. For images, Alpha can now create and upload thumbnails automatically.
Google Route Plotting - New events have been added to route generation that make it possible to trigger workflows or add your own customizations with ease. Great for delivery and field service applications, Alpha offers a code-free way to plan routes between destinations to help choose the most efficient route.
New Features For Programmers
Alpha Anywhere now ships with Python 3.9.2, which you can use with your server-side scripts. Python integration includes a handy package finder for quickly finding and installing 3rd party Python packages right in the IDE. This is great for programmers who prefer to work in Python over Xbasic and unlocks a vast library of prewritten, open-source packages and modules available in the Python community.
Other exciting new features
SVG charting -Add powerful, offline-capable charts to your applications, including bar, line, donut, and more.
Custom Control Sharing -We've made it easier to share your custom controls with other projects and other developers.
Responsive Grid Layouts - Build responsive, grid-like interfaces with ease using the new CSS Grid control.
Animated Authentication - Capture two-factor authentication codes in style using the Enter Code control. This new control includes animated effects you can leverage to provide feedback to your users.
The team has increased stability by fixing these key issues:
- Fixed an issue searching numeric fields in lists.
- Fixed an issue importing international characters from an Excel file into a List based on a SQL table.
- Fixed an issue using the Send Email action with the Application Server for IIS and Alpha Cloud.
- Fixed a regression customizing icons in a Grid
- Fixed an issue where SVG icons would not display in the icon picker while editing Grids. Note: for certain features, you must specify all icons for the feature. For example, you must set both the expand and collapse icon for the Row Expander.
- Fixed a regression where the onChange event did not fire for Slider controls.
- Removed "Dynamic" property for features in the Report builder that did not support dynamically setting the value. This includes properties such as "height" and "growable", which cannot be changed at run-time.
- Fixed issue where write conflicts were not detected for Lists using a multi-tenant driver.
- Fixed issue in Lists with page scrolling where the dropdown lists for the edit-combo controls were not correctly positioned if the page needed to be scrolled to bring the List into view.
- Fixed issue where the AfterQueryEvent did not fire for a ViewBox based on a SQL data source.
- Fixed issue where the onChange event was not executing when a Label control's value changed.
- Fixed issue in AlphaDAO connection strings where semicolons in the password.
- Fixed issue where Alpha Anywhere would warn there were no users and groups when users and groups were defined in DBF tables for the project.
- Fixed a regression where enabling in-place editing for a List without defining the In-place editing settings property would cause an error running the component.
- Fixed issue where a missing text dictionary tag definition resolved as a blank value instead of the key value.
You can find more information about features and fixes in our release notes.
Download and Build Apps for Free with Alpha Anywhere Community Edition
Alpha Anywhere Community Edition gives you a free license to this leading low-code application development platform for building web and mobile applications. You'll be able to produce an unlimited number of cross-platform apps for both iOS and Android devices. You'll only pay once you're ready to deploy, and packages start at as little as $99/month. Build apps for free today.
This free license includes access to the documentation, instructional videos, and templates that will help you learn to build web and mobile apps for your business.